Definition of Personal Information:
Personal information is defined as any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Statement of Privacy Principles
In handling Client, member and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles:
- We will limit the information we collect to that which is necessary to conduct business.
- MissionInsite collects contact and household information in compliance with applicable laws and ethical business practices, in order to provide products and services, to conduct business, and to administer the PeopleView web application.
- We collect usernames and passwords from our Clients for use in the login portion of the MissionInsite web site.
- The contact information we collect is an individual's name, address, email address or telephone number, and any other information our Clients voluntarily provide us.
- The primary information collected from Clients includes, first and last name and complete home address. Client may also choose to provide us with additional "attributes" if deemed necessary. Individual names are not a necessary part of the record we collect, however, when provided, we use them to enable user list generation.
- We promise to use only legal, ethical and professionally accepted practices in collecting data.
- We will deliberately limit our use of the data we collect
- MissionInsite shall not use or disclose any agency, individual or household information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the person or as required by law.
- At no time shall MissionInsite divulge any data about particular individuals or households to which it has access neither during the production of the product nor subsequent to the final creation of the deliverable product.
- We will not disclose any personal information in a manner that would link the information disclosed to the individual to whom it pertains.
- MissionInsite may from time to time use a person's contact information to contact the person about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to MissionInsite products and services.
- We will apply stringent procedural and technological security safeguards
- MissionInsite will protect personal information with physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, release or use.
- Only MissionInsite employees who need to know in order to provide products or services to Clients, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about individuals.
- If there is an unauthorized disclosure of either personal individual information or Agency business contact information, MissionInsite will notify the Client, in writing within 24 hours. Notification will include the following elements:
- date of the breach,
- the types of information that were subject to the breach;
- general description of what occurred;
- steps the Vendor is taking to address the breach;
- the contact person at the vendor who the data holder can contact.
- The parent company, DecisionInsite contracts with a third party consultant with an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification to conduct an annual security penetration test. We will make the results available to Clients upon request.
- Retention of Data: MissionInsite will retain personally identifiable data during the time MissionInsite is providing services to the Client and securely store the aggregated data (data not associated with a person) for a period of 5 years after the expiration of the agreement. After 5 years MissionInsite will delete all Client data in a manner consistent with industry best practices.
- Either while under contract by a Client or after the completion of our work for a Client, MissionInsite does not and will not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to any third party.
- DecisionInsite contracts for MissionInsite with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for data storage and processing facilities to assist us in administering our web application or providing our products and services. AWS data centers are staffed 24/7 by trained security personnel.
- We may transfer personal information to vendors who have entered into a contract with MissionInsite in ways that protects the confidentiality of Client information and permits the vendor to use it only as reasonably necessary to fulfill its contract with MissionInsite.
- From time to time Clients can direct MissionInsite to provide data to Client consultants who are working on behalf of the Client. These requests must be provided to MissionInsite in writing by authorized Client personnel. MissionInsite will only provide outside Client consultants with aggregated data which cannot be associated with a specific person.
- MissionInsite may disclose personal information as it believes is reasonably necessary to comply with law, regulation or other governmental authority or to prevent harm to Client or others.
- MissionInsite’s PeopleView platform is designed to be used by authorized Client administrators only. System access should not be granted to individuals not employed by the Client or not authorized to access personal information.
- MissionInsite provides designated Client personnel with administrative user rights which allow the Client to grant or restrict access. It is the Client’s responsibility to verify the credentials of the person to whom they are granting access.
- The PeopleView system provides a level of access in which personal information is not accessible. We recommend that the number of users with access to personal information be limited.
- If a Client should need any assistance with system administration, we strongly recommend that the Client contact us for additional training.
- Clients should not send personal information to MissionInsite for upload via email. A secure upload interface is provided for this purpose.
- All DecisionInsite and MissionInsite employees and contractors are required to execute a Confidentiality Agreement, in which they agree to abide by the principles laid out in this document.
- All DecisionInsite and MissionInsite personnel are required to attend an annual privacy and security policy training event provided by company management.
101 Pacifica Suite 380
Irvine, CA 92618
Tel: 877-204-1392, ext 1001
- We will provide Clients and employees with easily understood information about our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.